I am a computer nerd who is trying to become healthier. I started my journey to a healthy lifestyle after one my co-workers passed away
from heart complications at the age of 34, and being hospitalized several times for cellulitis,
and lymphedema in my legs. This has been a long and sometimes painful journey, but it has allowed me to meet so many wonderful people along the way. As far as my major Milestones below are a few of the big ones:
- Started my weight loss program on June 29th2009 @ 696 lbs
- Had Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 12th 2010 @ 634 lbs.=
- Joined the Dunwoody Running Group on June 13th 2011 @ 448 lbs.
- Climbed Stone Mountain on July 9th 2011 @ 440 lbs.
- Completed my first 5k race on October 1st, 2011 @ 411 lbs.
- Completed my first Spartan Sprint: Atlanta Sprint on March 10th, 2012 @ 390 lbs.
- Arrived at Spartan Camp on April 11th, 2012 @ 388 lbs.
- Completed my first 10 mile hike on May 12th, 2012 @ 334 lbs.
- Completed my first 10k road race: Peachtree Road Race July 4th, 2012 @ 295 lbs.
- Completed my first trail race: Moosealamoo Ultra 2012 August 18th , 2012 @ 295 lbs.
- Completed my first Spartan Super: Mid-Atlantic Super Spartan Race August 25th, 2012 @ 285 lbs.
- Completed my first Spartan Beast: Vermont Beast September 22nd, 2012 @ 265 lbs.